Do you like to get away from it all? Then be sure to check out one of these awesome campsites near DeRidder, Louisiana.
Back 40 Bow Park (DeRidder)
Located right here in DeRidder, Back 40 Bow has RV spots, tent camping, and cabins. Spots for hiking and swimming supply plenty of outdoor recreation for campers, too, and it’s located in close proximity to Sam Houston Jones State Park.
Longville Lake Park (Longville)
With the lake nearby, you can enjoy a weekend of boating, swimming, and fishing. Longville additionally has RV hookups and tent sites. Plus, there’s a spot to go golfing nearby, so you can make sure you’re never bored.
Juddie Clairs (Ragley)
Set up a tent and bring a sleeping back to Juddie Clairs for a weekend away in the wilderness, where you can fish, swim, and play golf at a location managed by pleasant local groundskeepers.
Enduro Trailhead (Sugartown)
There’s nothing quite like a trip to Enduro Trailhead, featuring activities like horseback riding and offering picnic and barbecue areas. Campfires are permitted here, as well as staying in the onsite cabins and going fishing.
Take a truck or SUV like the 2017 Nissan Titan or Nissan Rogue to one of these campsites near DeRidder. Their power and capability will allow you to easily navigate off the beaten path. Come check them out today at 171 Nissan.
Image by R.E. Barber Photography
One of the biggest problems when traveling or moving is trying to fit everything in your vehicle (2017 Nissan Altima, anyone?). We’ll share some of our favorite space-saving tips that will make packing your car a breeze!
- Pack similar items together – Make sure that you have breakable items at least kind of together. This will help you make sure that they’re placed carefully in a low-risk area of the car.
- Take advantage of all space – The trunk isn’t the only place to store things in a car! Store items under seats and anywhere else you can find it.
- Use bags, not boxes – As you may realize, it can be hard to fit a squared-off object into a rounded car interior. By packing in bags your cargo becomes more pliable and easier to fit.
- Bonus tip: use vacuum bags for even more space!
- Use an overhead carrier – There will always be times when you just need more space than you have. Add a carrier to the top of your car and pack it with the items you know you won’t need until you reach your destination.
Whether you’re going on a road trip, leaving for vacation or moving, let’s face it: space is always coveted when packing your car. Make the most of it with a new 2017 Nissan Altima sedan from 171 Nissan in DeRidder, LA![Top]
Nissan has been one of the most vocal advocates for lowering the cost of electric vehicles, and now it may get its wish. The Nissan-Renault alliance is welcoming Mitsubishi into its fold, effectively increasing the range of vehicles it has to work with. Reports indicate that all three brands will use Nissan’s electric platform as the underpinning for all electric vehicles.
By sharing an electric vehicle platform, Nissan hopes to see the price of electric vehicles drop by 20%. Currently, the most affordable electric vehicle is the Mitsubishi i-MiEV at just under $23,000. By comparison, many gas-powered cars are much cheaper.
Renault and Nissan previously struggled to reach their desired price drop as they developed electric vehicles separately. Now, with Mitsubishi on board, the alliance plans to share the platform of the Nissan Leaf. They’ll also share the battery, motor and inverters in an effort to further save money.
A redesigned Nissan Leaf is expected to hit the market during 2018, which makes that the prime year for any major changes. The drive to create more affordable electric cars is on, and Nissan is leading the charge for greener roads.
We at 171 Nissan can’t wait to see how the alliance shapes the future of the electric vehicle segment![Top]
Achieving your New Year’s resolution is something to be proud of, no matter how time-consuming or difficult it may (or may not) be. There are plenty of goals to choose from, which makes it hard to pick just one. Then again, nothing is stopping you from attempting to achieve multiple goals throughout 2017! Here are some New Year’s resolution goals to challenge yourself with.
- Lose Weight – One of the most common resolutions people have is to lose weight. Some set specific goals while others decide that any amount of weight loss will do. Fortunately, since there are so many people with the same goal, it’s relatively easy to find a workout buddy to keep your motivated throughout the year.
- Kick Soda – Soda isn’t good for you, plain and simple. Large amounts of High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar, chemicals, and other ingredients can do serious harm to your body. Kicking soda to the curb is one way to both detox and lose weight.
- Learn a Language – Widen your horizons and get ingrained in a new culture by learning a new language. Whether you plan on traveling or not, a new language has a number of additional benefits, including getting to say you’re bilingual. You could even advance in the workplace thanks to your newfound skill!
The 2017 Nissan Titan made its way to the annual Texas Truck Rodeo in mid-October and came out with a number of awards. The event, put on by the Texas Auto Writers Association, offers automakers a chance to strut their stuff with the toughest vehicles around. By coming out with three awards, the new Nissan Titan proved it can roll with the best of them.
The full-size pickup segment doesn’t have room for trucks that are weak of heart. The Nissan Titan hailed supreme, pulling three awards from the Texas Auto Writers Association. The first award, “Full-Size Truck of Texas” proved that the Titan truly is a tough pickup that’s capable of completing enormous tasks. That award went to the Titan Texas Edition SL Crew Cab.
The new Nissan Titan also earned the “Commercial Vehicle of Texas” award thanks to its extreme capability and versatility. That award found its way into the passenger seat of the Titan XD Single Cab diesel.
Finally, the Titan took home the “Best Value” award, marking its affordability in the full-size pickup segment. The prestigious honor went to the Titan XD Single Cab with either a gasoline or diesel engine.
We here at 171 Nissan couldn’t be prouder of the new Titan pickup truck![Top]
Holiday travels can be a hassle, but for many Americans it’s something of a holiday tradition. Crowded airports and congested roadways can cause stress, and that’s not something any traveler wants to experience during the holidays. We here at 171 Nissan have some stress-reducing holiday travel tips for those planning to visit family and loved ones during this festive season.
- Breathe – The main point of traveling is to arrive at your destination. Things are bound to go wrong, but it’s up to you not to let those unfortunate events ruin the holidays. Take a step back, breathe deeply, and then continue on your way. Don’t let something ruin the most wonderful time of the year before you even make it to your destination!
- Eat – A hungry stomach makes for a short temper and a grumpy traveler. Make sure to grab a bite to eat, even if it’s something small. While full meals would be ideal, time clinches can make them impossible. Either way, avoid going hungry during your travels.
- Sleep – Sleep is important to keep your stress levels low. Make sure to get a good night’s rest before you head out on the road or to the airport. Stress is bound to find you but a brain operating at peak efficiency is better than a bogged-down mind!
The holiday season is the perfect time to give back to the community. That’s why we’ve written a post on local food pantries, listing some of the great organizations that work to help those in need in the area. There are many Deridder food pantries that can use donations and volunteers this time of year, so volunteer your time today.
According to FoodPantries.org, one of the top food pantries in the area is God’s Food Box. Collecting and distributing food for those in need is this organization’s main goal. You can help by giving time, money, or food. Contact Boca Helping Hands if you would like to volunteer here over the holidays.
The Beauregard Community Action Association also provides support in the Deridder area. This location is for low-income families and individuals, providing USDA commodities, Medicaid, emergency shelter, community housing development, and more. Open from 8am to 4pm, you can call for more information.
Located a short drive away, the Vernon Community Action Council also helps those in need in the area. This non-profit social service agency can help low-income families, the homeless, the crisis-stricken, and more. Providing emergency assistance, crisis intervention, clothing, food, medical transport, and budget management among other things, the Vernon Community Action Council is glad to take donations and support. For more information, feel free to reach out to us at 171 Nissan! We would be glad to help![Top]
Nissan is working harder than ever to partner with Habitat for Humanity, an organization that creates affordable housing for those in need. Nissan has pledged millions of dollars to the organization over the years in order to help those in the community, and it has also recently renewed a specific campaign in the Nashville area.
According to Nissan, the brand recently launched the House the Media Built campaign by drawing over 50 prominent journalists from around the globe in order to cover a new story on a house being built in Nashville. In addition to donating funds over the years, the Nissan brand has also managed to donate vehicles and volunteer, helping to build over 71 homes across the US in the past decade.
“Nissan began its relationship with Habitat for Humanity more than a decade ago with a donation of $1 million, 50 TITAN trucks and an abundance of employee volunteer time following Hurricane Katrina,” said Dan Bedore, director, Nissan Division Communications. “This relationship goes to the heart of our values, not only as a corporate citizen, but as neighbors in the communities in which we live, work and serve.”
The Nissan and Habitat for Humanity partnership is stronger than ever. The organization has managed to build more than 770 homes in the greater Nashville area, many of which were paid for in part by funds from Nissan. This is just one more way the company is giving back. Find out more about how 171 Nissan is helping to give back as well![Top]
Summer is gone and fall has arrived, which means it’s time to take care of your car’s regular maintenance! Take the time to ensure your vehicle is up and running smoothly, especially before winter arrives—the cold weather will only make problems worse. If you aren’t sure what to do, here are some proper fall car care tips from us here at 171 Nissan.
- Oil – There’s a reason oil usually makes it onto car care lists. Oil plays three major, crucial roles in your engine, which is why it’s important to keep up with proper maintenance. Check your owner’s manual to see when your car needs an oil change. Old oil won’t perform as well as the weather grows colder and that can cause major problems.
- Engine – Speaking of the engine, have any problems like rough idling, stalling, and hard starts, address it immediately. Doing so will save you a bundle of money and a good amount of headaches as it gets later in the year.
- Lights – Fall and, subsequently, winter are a good time to address your headlights. Replace any burnt-out bulbs, clean the lenses, and inspect areas around the lights for chips, cracks, dents, or other possible problems. You’ll be glad you did!
Among the vehicles in the Nissan lineup, one of the most popular is the Nissan Rogue. The Rogue has continued to appeal to drivers looking for economic crossovers, one of the largest growing segments in the automotive industry. However, Nissan is never one to rest on the laurels, always looking for new ways to improve—and they have some pretty impressive improvements coming to the Nissan Rogue.
A press release recently published by Nissan outlines all of the improvements coming to the 2017 Nissan Rogue. Among those improvements are additions to the Nissan Rogue’s safety systems. As a part of the Nissan Safety Shield Technologies, the 2017 Nissan Rogue will see the addition of systems like Forward Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Detection.
However, perhaps the most exciting change coming to the Nissan Rogue is the addition of the Nissan Rogue Hybrid to the vehicle lineup. This new model can achieve a fuel economy of 35 mpg on the highway!
“There are so many enhancements to Rogue for 2017, with every one of them designed to enhance its appeal with the fastest growing segment of buyers in the industry,” said Michael Bunce, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc.
Don’t miss your chance to get a hold of the 2017 Nissan Rogue, which improves on what was already great. Stop in to 171 Nissan today to find out more about the Nissan Rogue.[Top]