2017 was a volatile year for the average price of gas, and experts are predicting much of the same for 2018. All of us here at 171 Nissan want to assure that our friends and family in the greater Lake Charles community are getting the most bang for their buck every time they visit the pump. If you want to make the most of 2018 gas prices, just follow these few easy tips for increasing your vehicle’s fuel efficiency:
Unload everything you’re not using from your vehicle, whether it’s luggage, soccer bags, or fishing gear. Extra weight equals miles lost.
Maintain Proper PSI
If your tires are over- or under-inflated, you might lose a whole lot of miles per gallon. Check your owner’s manual for your car’s proper PSI and remember to check your tire pressure regularly.
Keep a Clean Engine Air Filter
Your engine is forced to work harder when it has a dirty air filter. Make sure you replace your air filter regularly, approximately every other time you get an oil change.
Don’t let 2018 gas prices get the best of you. Be proactive in your regular maintenance and you’ll start seeing the savings, no matter what the numbers say at the gas station. If you have further questions about how to keep your beloved ride operating at peak efficiency, call 171 Nissan today to speak with one of our experienced staff members.
One of the biggest problems when traveling or moving is trying to fit everything in your vehicle (2017 Nissan Altima, anyone?). We’ll share some of our favorite space-saving tips that will make packing your car a breeze!
- Pack similar items together – Make sure that you have breakable items at least kind of together. This will help you make sure that they’re placed carefully in a low-risk area of the car.
- Take advantage of all space – The trunk isn’t the only place to store things in a car! Store items under seats and anywhere else you can find it.
- Use bags, not boxes – As you may realize, it can be hard to fit a squared-off object into a rounded car interior. By packing in bags your cargo becomes more pliable and easier to fit.
- Bonus tip: use vacuum bags for even more space!
- Use an overhead carrier – There will always be times when you just need more space than you have. Add a carrier to the top of your car and pack it with the items you know you won’t need until you reach your destination.
Whether you’re going on a road trip, leaving for vacation or moving, let’s face it: space is always coveted when packing your car. Make the most of it with a new 2017 Nissan Altima sedan from 171 Nissan in DeRidder, LA![Top]
Holiday travels can be a hassle, but for many Americans it’s something of a holiday tradition. Crowded airports and congested roadways can cause stress, and that’s not something any traveler wants to experience during the holidays. We here at 171 Nissan have some stress-reducing holiday travel tips for those planning to visit family and loved ones during this festive season.
- Breathe – The main point of traveling is to arrive at your destination. Things are bound to go wrong, but it’s up to you not to let those unfortunate events ruin the holidays. Take a step back, breathe deeply, and then continue on your way. Don’t let something ruin the most wonderful time of the year before you even make it to your destination!
- Eat – A hungry stomach makes for a short temper and a grumpy traveler. Make sure to grab a bite to eat, even if it’s something small. While full meals would be ideal, time clinches can make them impossible. Either way, avoid going hungry during your travels.
- Sleep – Sleep is important to keep your stress levels low. Make sure to get a good night’s rest before you head out on the road or to the airport. Stress is bound to find you but a brain operating at peak efficiency is better than a bogged-down mind!